Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Too Many Video Games

So. I am on my way home from school and get a brilliant Idea! It's absolutely BRILLIANT! I want to pack the kids in the van-(yes, I finally broke down and became a "mini-van mom")- and go see the cool houses on Snyder that light up elaborately in time to Christmas carols that are broadcast on their own radio station! ( uhhh...sorry to all my pals and my husband who are all English teachers- but if you've had me in a class then you know I love Run On sentences!)<---so I make a call so my husband will have the boys ready to go when I get there, pick up Paige at a Journalism work night (she is the sports editor of the Knights Herald)--and then we head on down the road...I am so excited and happy because the light show is really fantastic. We are all singing along to Christmas carols and bopping down the road when we almost pass the street, we pull up and my husband was like " This is what we came to see? A house?" I was like" yeah isn't it great?" all the while he was looking at me as if I had fallen off my rocker. I made him pull over and park ,and I switched the station to the correct one , then my husband finally got it. Of course Mike needed to get out of the car, Paige kept giving us weird looks, and sighing loudly, Teddy was conducting the symphony, and Haydn kept saying " Snowman". ( he was more thrilled at the snowman on the front lawn of the house we were parked next to than at the flashing lights). As you can well imagine the kids contained their excitement well. We waited out 3 songs and the theme music to Disney's electric light parade, then I released them all from their very obvious misery and left. Hmmm. Maybe we shoulda bought a few less video games. Then my kids would be able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life... On the up side, Haydn did cry as we were leaving the lights! Maybe it's not too late... Oh and Paige did leave me a few amusing text messages concerning it, so I did get a chuckle!

No comments: